Monday, March 8, 2010

Assalamualaikum! Welcome to LINAS Little Cottage!

First and foremeost, thank you for visiting my page.


A little bit of myself... I a wife and a mother of 4 precious children. I live in Taman Sri Andalas, Klang. You can call me LINAS. The name comprises my initial, together with my 4 children's initials. Our place is known as LINAS Little Cottage.

I love cake decorating and flower making. I hope, some day, my children will share the same passion with me, supporting me in what I love to do and vice versa. Currently, I'm doin these activities on a part-time basis as I have a full-time job.

Just to share with you, I started cake decorating in my early 20's. As a birthday present, my parents allowed me to attend a cake decorating class at Mdm Charijah's place in Taman Maluri. The year was 1992. There, I learned about sugarpast, royal icing, pastillage and others. Thanks Mom and Dad.. Love you both very much!!!

Then, I got to know a company called WinSin.. which was located at Jalan Ipoh. There, I was introduced to Wilton products. The company has moved to Bandar Manjalara and is now known as Pastry Pro. I've bought a lot of Wilton cake decorating books from them and my favouratios are the Wilton's decorating books part 1, 2 and 3.

So, with the knowledge that I have acquired at that time, I had prepared a 3-tier wedding cake for my brother and birthday cakes for my father, nephews and nieces (and even for my 23rd birthday).




In addition, most memorable, I prepared a gingerbread house whch rest on a moist chocolate cake, a 2-tier wedding "fruit cak" and a heart shape sugar box, as part of the "hantaran" for my dearest husband. I didn't even wear henna on my finger for the "nikah" because I was too busy preparing my hantaran. The day was 29 July 1994. At least now, I can say that I baked and decorated my own wdding cake as my heart desired.



That's all for now. Wassalam.

No comments:

Post a Comment